1. Read the investment statement This outlines the terms and conditions and tells you what funds there are to choose from.
2. Complete the risk profiler
You’ll find this on pages 19 and 20 of the Investment Statement – this provides a guide to the investment option best suited to you.
3. Complete the application form
The application form is on pages 21 and 22 of the Investment Statement. The first part of the form establishes your eligibility to join the Plan, as the Medical Assurance Society KiwiSaver Plan is a restricted scheme. Full details on eligibility to join can be found on Page 5 of the Investment Statement. Provided you are eligible in your own right to join the Plan, your business may choose to make MAS your ‘preferred provider’ for KiwiSaver.
- If you are an employee earning a salary or wages, list which employer(s) you want to deduct contributions from your pay – if you don't specify your employer(s), Inland Revenue will identify all employers who have paid you salary or wages in the last two months and ask them to start deducting contributions from your pay.
- If you're not an employee earning a salary or wages, you can specify a rate to contribute. Fill out the direct debit form if wish to make regular contributions from your bank account. If you later start a job paying salary or wages, contributions will be deducted from your salary or wages.
Once you have completed the application, please detatch it and post it to the address on the top of the form.
4. If you’re an employee, complete the IRD KiwiSaver deduction form KS2
Then give the completed form to your employer. The form can also be found in the back of the IRD Employee Information Pack (KS3), which you can get from your employer. (Note: You do not need to complete this form if you have completed the application form. However, by doing so will help prevent any delay in your employer receiving notification from IRD.)
5. If you’re a business owner or employer
Then you may be able to make the Medical Assurance Society KiwiSaver Plan your preferred provider for KiwiSaver. To do so, you must be eligible to join the Scheme yourself, under the specified criteria.
If you are eligible then your business (in the field for which you are eligible to join the Plan) may make the Medical Assurance Society KiwiSaver Scheme your preferred provider, which means that your staff may automatically join the Medical Assurance Society KiwiSaver Plan.
To become a preferred provider for the Medical Assurance Society KiwiSaver Plan, download the Medical Assurance Society KiwiSaver Plan – Employer Preferred Provider Appointment form and return it to us.
Call us now
If you have any questions about KiwiSaver, phone us on 0800 800 627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.