Retirement Savings Plan
The Medical Assurance Society Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) is a restricted workplace saving scheme designed to help you save for your retirement. To find out more, call us on 0800 800 627.
Key features of MAS Retirement Savings Plan
- You have access to a wide range of investments that you probably wouldn't have access to if you invested on your own.
- Your choice of seven simple fund options.
- Contribute what you want, when you want.
- No setup, entry or contribution fees.
- When it's time to withdraw your savings, you choose how your money is paid to you - in a lump sum or regular amounts.
- RSP is a Portfolio Investment Entity (PIE), making it tax efficient.
- RSP is Restricted Workplace Savings Scheme.
- Your savings are locked in until you reach age 55, or no longer meet the eligibility requirements for joining.
- If you joined RSP before 19 September 2016 you are in the legacy section of RSP and your savings are locked in until you reach age 55.
- RSP can accept employer contributions if you are eligible for employer subsidised superannuation, for example from your District Health Board employer.
How does the MAS Retirement Savings Plan work?
The money you contribute is pooled with other MAS Retirement Savings Plan members and invested in a range of investments, such as equities and fixed interest. You have a choice of options, depending upon the level of risk you are comfortable with. It's a great way to invest as it spreads your risk and increases the opportunities for your money to grow over the life of your investment. The MAS Retirement Savings Plan has:
- Valuable advice and support from your adviser.
- No set-up, entry or contribution fees.
- No administration fee
- Your money is professionally managed and monitored for you.
Our investment managers screen potential investments from an ethical perspective to ensure they meet the following criteria as an important part of our due diligence process. We will not invest in companies whose principal business activity is the manufacture and sale of armaments or tobacco, or the exploration, extraction, refining or processing of fossil fuels. In addition, the funds will not invest in any utility that primarily burns fossil fuels.
Who can join the MAS RSP?
Medical Assurance Society Retirement Savings Plan is a restricted workplace savings scheme. The group of people who may join RSP are:
- Doctors, Dentists, Veterinarians and students of those professions.
- Professionals registered under the Health Practitioners Competency Assurance Act 2003.
- Lawyers, Accountants, Architects and Engineers.
- Employees of MAS or of an employer who is of a class of professional listed above.
- Immediate family members of the above.
You may also be eligible to join the Plan if you have been approved as a Member of MAS. Further details on the eligibility rules are set out under the section 'Joining the plan' in Section 2 of the Product Disclosure Statement.
We can help you
A MAS adviser can discuss the fund options with you, splitting contributions between MAS Retirement Savings Plan and KiwiSaver, and much more.
Download and complete the application form at the back of the Retirement Savings Plan Product Disclosure Statement.
The latest Annual Report can be downloaded here.
A copy of the Product Disclosure Statement can be viewed here, or online on the Disclose Register website under the offer for the Medical Assurance Society Retirement Savings Plan. The Trustees of the Medical Assurance Society Retirement Savings Plan are the issuer and manager of the Plan.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Product Disclosure Statement, or for personal, tailored advice, you can talk to a MAS adviser by phoning 0800 800 627 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of this information, MAS does not assume any liability arising out of its use.